Sep 7, 2005

Broadband woes over?

Ditched DSL altogether.

That's right, I decided to go with hotwire (http://hotwireindia.com/) since a friend of mine in the same complex that I live in gave me good feedback about it. I've gone in for the nighttime unlimited pack, so my cribs about data transfer limits have been addressed. They do have alltime unlimited packs too, but since I'm not at home during working hours I won't really use the connection.

Installation was quick and painless. They run an ethernet cable to your home so no modem required. Everything was done in about half an hour. Haven't managed to test it out, since it's a nighttime pack and I got it installed in the morning. So it will only be tonight after 9p.m. that I really get to see how this thing works. It's a prepaid account and I have to call the provider up every month to pay for the next month. That's actually better than my earlier experiences of having to post a cheque to the provider which would be delayed and cause a lot of headache. Even better, I can change the pack from month to month without the hassle of filling out forms! In fact, I didn't have to fill out any papers for this connection; which is strange now that I think about it. I did get a receipt though, and all the filling out was online. Good! I liked it.

Now to get all my computers up to speed with the latest updates and antivirus signatures...

1 comment:

Veerapathiran said...

so what ru downloading in the night having an unlimited package?