Jan 27, 2006

Turning on the PC

Yup, it's a big pain to go through the "switch on mains, switch on UPS, wait for UPS POST, switch on monitor, switch on PC, wait for BIOS POST, wait for Windows boot, wait for game load" routine just to play a game. At the end of the day I'm so tired that I skip the game playing just because I don't want to switch on the PC! Of course, there's a smaller but still significant wait while the PC powers off after I'm done with it. And because of some bad experiences, I always wait to ensure that the shutdown has completed before wandering off.

It's different at work, since the workstations are always on. Getting started is as simple as unlocking the screensaver, but, of course, I can't do that at home!

And I think I'm getting addicted to the 20" LCD at work... my poor 19" CRT at home looks bulky and flickery.

1 comment:

chaos said...

20" LCD!!! WHOA - that's BIG....