May 30, 2006

Orkut is a strange beast...

For one thing, it says that "Today's fortune" for me is: Your luck has been completely changed today.

I don't understand this. Was my luck doing nicely and it has now taken a turn for the worse? If I was doing so-so what does "completely changed" imply? Am I going to be better off or not?

On a more serious note, I notice that people seem to have made orkut an extension of their normal lives. They communicate with people whom they already know in the real world. It may help as a meeting ground for faraway people, but rarely have I seen complete strangers becoming friends. Correct me if I am wrong.

The other funny thing about orkut is the scraps. People seem to be using them as a message board. I find that strange because they could as well have used email to communicate. What's the point of using scraps, which are anyway open for all to see?

1 comment:

Veerapathiran said...

My Today's fortune:
Avoid a hasty decision

whatever that means :-)

>>rarely have I seen complete strangers becoming friends.
i think this is wrong..just look at how many friends does a girl have..in 100's..i pinged many a girls and then finally gave up..you know, you need change in your luck :-)

>>What's the point of using scraps, which are anyway open for all to see?
perhaps, thats the whole point of it..if u wish a person, u want entire world to know..