Nov 2, 2005

DVD player

Back from a quick trip to Bangalore. Got a DVD player too, one of the cheapest I could find. It looks like Bangalore was flooded with these, every shop had a big stack. Philips 3005 for Rs. 2999 only. Of course, by a strange quirk of fate, I ended up with the 3007. I'm even supposed to get a 5% cash back on my credit card for this.

I also helped in shopping for a washing machine for my friend. That's something that is a must for us guys living alone, but I didn't find any model that's geared towards a single person's washing. Most seem to be big enough for families.

I was in the market for an ipod too, but the prices in rupees were atrocious. Someone even quoted me 35K for a 40GB ipod. Considering a 60GB video ipod is $399 on the Apple store, I've decided to give up for now. We were planning to go check out the Apple store (a physical Apple store) but didn't get time. Why is stuff so costly in India?

Got myself a Logitech MOMO racing wheel too. Had a great time fitting it into my suitcase, of course I had to leave the nice box behind.

No comments: