Jun 14, 2005

Book bug?

What's the web coming too? We've got people writing about their reading habits for everyone to see! And then they expect other people to do the same thing! Book bug, indeed.

Now, let's see... this is a series of questions to which I don't really know the answers. However, I can pretend to be a great book lover and just google to get a list of impressive sounding book names. Maybe I can earn some brownie points.

Number of books I own? Huh, I don't know, I never counted 'em. Lots, certainly. As Veera pointed out, there are lots of types of books lying around in my house, some are read often, others are packed up in large cardboard boxes waiting for the next move. So, how many? Hundreds certainly (leaving the magazines and newspapers out, Veera!).

Recently bought books... I'll pass. The only book I remember buying in the recent past is The Da Vinci Code; I'm not the reader I used to be.

Last book I read? Groan. Thinking in C++ is a book that qualifies, right? Just borrowed Men are from Mars etc. from a friend, skimmed through it but I don't think it applies to me.

Books that mean a lot to me. Who comes up with these "bugs" anyway? Calvin and Hobbes means a lot to me. Sherlock Holmes means a lot to me. Catch 22 means a lot to me. The Mahabharata means a lot to me, though I don't remember where I put it the last time I read my copy. More interesting are books that don't mean anything to me. All management books. All self-help books. All home improvement books. All books that come with a moral. All books that tell me to do things that I don't do. All books that claim that my life would be much better off if I just did what they want me to do. So there!

Spread it to 5 other people? Makes me feel like I'm contagious! No thanks, I don't think I'll do that. The bug stops here.

Talking of books, I'm rather surprised that nobody has talked about ebooks (in the bug reports that I saw on other people's blogs). I've a bunch of P.G.W. ebooks that I'm trying to complete. All the works of Shakspeare too, maybe I'll start on that someday. Maybe someday I can afford a tablet PC, and then I will read all those ebooks I have collected but find difficult to read off a monitor.

1 comment:

Veerapathiran said...

there are lot more bugs spreading around..like top 10 things that'll make better person..top 10 things on your mind..lot of what 3 things q's..

i guess people run out of things to write to on their own and instead started answering q's..its also good thing to answer same question by so many people..perhaps it'll bring out the variety..

ebook..what you're saying is perhaps softcopy and not e-book perse? i heard now-a-days many bboks are coming only in e-format and its perhaps correct to call them as ebook and not shakes one?

Recently bought books-> last time i was with you in crossword..u were just buying books..no?