Jun 1, 2005

Too much homework...

... can be counterproductive. According to two Penn State researchers. Here's a link: http://physorg.com/news4333.html

These guys are brilliant. It's always the same thing. They come up with something that would really have been useful (for me) a decade ago! I was one of the good guys who would usually do all the homework assigned to us kids, even the abominable holiday essay "How I spent my Summer Vacation".

One vivid memory I have is that of my friend's grandpa commenting on some Geography homework that we were doing. We had to write out the points of difference between the east coast and the west coast (of India, duh). I was stuggling with vegetation, soil (I think), kind of topography and so on. Along comes gramps and says, "East and West coasts? One is on the east, the other's on the west. What's all the fuss about?"

No comments: