Jun 16, 2005

Gaming PC

PCQuest (the magazine) has an article on what they claim to be India's fastest gaming machine. It has some awesome specs. I don't remember them all right now but it was something like Athlon FX (2.4 or 2.6 GHz?), 2GB DDR2 RAM, dual 6800 Ultras with either 256MB or 512MB RAM each running in SLI, one funky looking case, I think a 19" monitor, and oddly enough as far as I remember a 40GB 7200rpm disk.

Hmm... how does that stack up against my desktop system? AthlonXP 2600+ (the 333MHz FSB one, no less), 1GB DDR RAM (one stick of 333MHz, the other of 400MHz, so effectively running at 333MHz), 5900 SE with 128MB RAM, 19" Samsung monitor and 60GB + 40GB internal HDDs + 250GB external HDD. Not too bad considering that the monster PC is close to 245,000 Indian rupees (with free shipping, that gets my goat - free shipping, indeed).

Now where can I get a two hundred thousand odd rupees? Any generous readers? Um... any readers at all?

2 comments:

Veerapathiran said...

Rs 245,000 /- ..thats it ah..

alok, i guess you are one of the readers of your own posts and u, if not generous, certainly rich enough get hold of one (or more) of these machines..isn't it..

if u got some penchant for english words, then u might want to go through post and comments..
http://blogudown.blogspot.com/2005/06/vanity-fare.html
as for me..i read the first 2 lines and dozed off :-)

Alok said...

I certainly can afford one, maybe two of those. But I just can't justify that kind of cost to play games! And of course my mom will kill me if she finds out I was even thinking about something like this.

I went through the post you mention and I found a grammatical mistake in the very first line. Let me finish reading that and then comment on it. :)