Dec 17, 2005

AOE3

Completed the first part of the AOE3 single player campaign. Moderate difficulty, most of the video settings on high. Must say that my system held up pretty well, maybe because low FPS doesn't really make such a game unplayable. There were some places with intense fighting where I could feel the video stuttering, and also some complex cutscenes that looked like a slideshow; but overall the feel was good.

There's no way I'm going to play this game on lower video settings, I'd rather see my buildings fall in a slideshow than have them vanish without crumbling in real time! And for the Fountain of Youth, protect that big gun at all costs and make plenty of ships.

And before I forget - I really liked the opening video, especially the manner in which the music gives way to the "classic" AOE theme!

No comments: