Dec 21, 2005

Woe is me

The worst thing possible for someone who rides a motorcycle. A puncture. Caused by a HUGE nail lying on the road. What's worse is that I noticed the flat tyre while I was on my way back home last night. And being in the middle of nowhere doesn't exactly help.

Stopped at a petrol bunk on the way (yes, I was riding on the semi-deflated tyre; didn't have much choice) and a little boy there changed the valve for me. I rode back home hoping that that was all it was, but saw that it was flat again this morning, so it was most definitely a puncture. A puncture-wallah sitting at the corner near my apartment fixed it, and that's when we saw the nail stuck in the tyre.

Puncture fixed, yay! Back to 100kmph on the service road.

Sigh. You can imagine what my life would be like nowadays if this is what I'm writing about in a blog.

1 comment:

chaos said...

so your new bike had "his" day!!!
i am not too sure, but sometimes, there are folks who purposefully spread these nails, so that vehicles get punctured, and they'll get business as repairing jobs... but as you say, i think it might be the otherway for you...