Dec 24, 2005

Hits

I see that Veera has got a bunch of hits by people searching for "Dinesh Gopinath I.A.S., Director of Medical & Research Div, Chennai". This refers of course, to a hoax being forwarded by all and sundry. What's surprising is that people are still searching for it, which means it's still doing the rounds; and that the searchers are reaching Veera's blog, of all places!

Of course, by including that string in this post I hope to draw some of that traffic away from Veera. One or two more hits a day would increase the hit count here by a factor of 2, I guess.

Oh well, what with woodwork going on in my home and nobody around to spend the time with, I've landed up at work today. My fuzzy logic clock tells me it's a quarter past three (Never seen a fuzzy logic clock? Try it, it's good) which means there's another three hours to go before I think of leaving for home.

Chaos wants to know what's cooking and I must admit it's mostly frying and related processes, and little else. Tadka, and phodni in his and my native tongues. The good thing is that I just need onions, mustard seeds, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and something to process and I'm all set! Poha/pohe (flattened puffed rice, I guess) is something I am fond of, and on the same lines I sometimes substitute the rice part with bread crumbs or even crushed chapati (phodni-chi poli in Marathi, for those who understand). We tried making an omlette when PT was here, and I tried it again after PT left too. Not too bad. I can make bread-pakodas too, though sometimes they don't really look like what they're supposed to. I can make rice, but there isn't any at home - my resources are limited. I hate noodles, but I can make them (duh). All said and done, cooking alone for a single person is not difficult, it's extremely boring. Cleaning up after the cooking is done is boring too. Going out to buy onions in the evening may not be boring per se, but it's cold.

No comments: