Feb 28, 2006

All about new tax proposals

All about new tax proposals


No new taxes, no changes in the income tax laws, etc. etc. But what's this? "Services tax net to be increased which include ATM operations.."

WTF? Now I have to pay tax to use the ATM to withdraw my own money? When my bank charges me to come to the branch, how am I supposed to do any transactions at all? Where do they get hare brained ideas like this one? Or have I got the proposal wrong?

Increasing the service tax net is fine, but I would really like to see a reduction in the personal income tax rates. Tax on purchases is OK since that way everyone has to pay it, but personal income tax is only paid by the salaried class who have no choice in the matter. Get rid of all the idiotic exemptions and have a flat rate of tax on all purchases.

No comments: