Feb 5, 2006

MBAs

I share, to a great extent, the feelings expressed in that post. I think that's because I've never really come across an MBA who said something that made me go "Hmmmm.... that's interesting, I never thought of it that way." Most often, it goes something like "OK, same old, same old. You could have said that in a one line email."

It is indeed fortunate that my industry is too technical to allow non-techies to be technical managers (DUH!).

Maybe it's because we've never encountered these species in their own domain. I daresay they're good enough in finance or HR or whatever, places where techies would probably feel lost.

2 comments:

chaos said...

i think there are multiple issues here ... first the encounters are of a fresh out of college (BE+MBA+0 exp) ... which are more often than not a garbage dump... but generalizing this statement would not be good. more so because most often the MBAs are put into wrong places... wrong profiles... and absolutely wrong expectations... we can probably debate days in and night... but i'll stop here.

Anonymous said...

1. MBA's are put into wrong places, with wrong expectations by ____
No marks of getting this one unless of course you are an MBA.